WATER AND SANITATION
The Kenyan Citizen 4 Good Governance C.B.O is directly involved on provision of quality water and sanitation to communities in the following ways:
- To have an effective coordination, accountability, collaboration and engagement with Governments, intergovernmental organizations, regional bodies and other actors.
- To increase access to water and sanitation by the poor and underserved through provision of information and specialized technical support to communities in counties to carry out fundraising, design and implementation of sustainable water and sanitation programs and services.
- To enable citizens to participate in decision making, contribute to policy making, sustainable implementation and management of water and sanitation services through provision of appropriate tools, information and knowledge on water and sanitation.
- To strengthen communities’ capacity and governance structures to effectively engage in water and sanitation service delivery activities, advocacy, learning, research, communication and documentation at all levels.
- To advocate and campaign for right to water for all, favorable water and sanitation policies, interventions and legislative frameworks that ensures access to water and sanitation for all especially for the poor and under-served.
- To advocate for political prioritization of water and sanitation in county plans and budgets with a view of assisting county governments to achieve the right to water and sanitation for all and monitor progress on implementation of national and international commitments and reforms in water and sanitation provision.
- To provide a forum for a collective voice for county communities to influence sector policies, priorities and programmes.
- To conduct research on specific organization and community based issues for knowledge building.